Visiting and using this website entails unconditional and express acceptance of these terms.
- Save where exceptions are indicated (copyright of third parties, associates and bodies), all the content of the website, including but not limited to texts, news, graphics, photographs, plans and services provided constitutes the copyright of the City of Thessaloniki, and is governed by national, European and international Copyright provisions. Consequently, none of the foregoing can be amended, sold or otherwise exploited, whether in part or in whole. The above prohibition excludes the individual storage of a single copy of a portion of the content on a single personal computer (PC) for personal and non-public use, provided the source of origin is always indicated and without prejudice to the relevant copyright. Visitors/users understand and agree that they are not granted the right to modify, sell, resell and/or exploit the content of the web portal, whether in part or in whole, in any manner.
- All information contained in this website is provided “as is” and “as available”. While every effort is made to ensure that information provided on ‘thessaloniki.gr’ and its related websites is accurate, complete, true, updated and available to the extent possible, the City of Thessaloniki does not warrant the correctness and accuracy of said information, which visitors shall use exclusively at their own responsibility. The City of Thessaloniki shall bear no direct or indirect liability for any legal, civil or criminal claims or for any (actual, special or consequential) losses incurred by users/visitors of this website or its related webpages.
- The City of Thessaloniki makes every effort to ensure the proper operation of its website and its related webpages, but does not warrant that the operation of its servers will be uninterrupted or without error, free of viruses or other similar elements. Therefore, it shall not be held liable for any downtime of its website and the services provided and for losses of any kind incurred by users due to such downtime.
- The City of Thessaloniki does not manage the third-party websites to which it links via hyperlinks or banners, and shall bear no liability for their content.
- Links to other websites are provided to facilitate the users of the City of Thessaloniki website; this shall not imply: a) that the City of Thessaloniki endorses or accepts the content or services of such external websites; b) that the City of Thessaloniki accepts any relationship with the owners of such external websites; c) that the City of Thessaloniki warrants the protection of personal data, the availability, quality, completeness or correctness of the information and services contained on such third-party websites or security from the transmission of computer viruses; d) acceptance of liability for any misuse of the information contained on such external websites. Therefore, when any problem arises during their visit to/use of external websites, users must directly contact the respective websites and their owners, who bear the relevant liability. The City of Thessaloniki shall not be held liable for any losses incurred due to use of links to other websites, as well as the information that may be included on the web pages of its links.
- The City of Thessaloniki reserves the right and has absolute discretion to: a) make any additions, improvements and/or modifications to any information and/or service and/or software provided on this website and its related webpages without notice; b) cease providing any service and/or software and refrain from publishing on its website and delete from the website any information or material provided or placed by the user at any time without notice, mainly but exclusively for reasons of functionality, security or other necessary reasons; c) use the proposals or information available to users in any way it deems appropriate within the context of legitimate use (as in the case of personal data protection).
- The City of Thessaloniki is the sole owner of the information found on this website. Any and all personal data and any other information collected by ‘thessaloniki.gr’ and its related webpages shall be used exclusively for the processing of electronic services and under no circumstances shall be sold, rented or otherwise transmitted and/or disclosed to third parties. The above excludes the case where disclosure is required by an express legal provision and shall be effected solely to the competent authorities. The website ‘thessaloniki.gr’ and its related webpages collect information from visitors/users at various locations on the website.
- The collection, processing and management of personal data by ‘thessaloniki.gr’ and its related webpages are subject to the terms of this privacy statement and the relevant provisions of Greek and European law on the protection of individuals and the protection of personal data, as in force. Visitors/users of ‘thessaloniki.gr’ and its related webpages retain all the rights deriving from Greek and European provisions, as well as the rights of access, rectification, supplementation and erasure of their personal data.
- Minors may access to the website and services solely with the consent of their parents/guardians and are not required to disclose their personal information.
- Furthermore, ‘thessaloniki.gr’ and its related webpages shall not be held liable for cases of personal data collected by the websites they link to, which the City of Thessaloniki does not manage. This privacy statement applies only to the personal data collected, processed and managed by ‘thessaloniki.gr’ and its related webpages.
- The website of the City of Thessaloniki may enable visitors/users of its services to participate in polls involving current topics in the form of questions. The website ‘thessaloniki.gr’ and its related webpages shall set the specific terms for participation in the poll, while reserving the right to suspend it. Poll answers shall be recorded, analysed and remarked upon by the City of Thessaloniki in order to draw conclusions on the views of public opinion on the specific topic that is the subject of the poll. The City of Thessaloniki has the exclusive right to collect and leverage such information, with copyright over any conclusions.
- With regard to use of the ‘Improving our City’ service, the City of Thessaloniki expressly represents that it is necessary to accept the following specific terms:
– The application is in pilot operation and problems may arise during its use.
– Requests, complaints and proposals must be related to the specific categories of the request submission form.
– The service is not recommended for any and all communication with the City of Thessaloniki. In case of emergencies or matters for which you believe you require an official response, please contact the City’s protocol department directly or call its services.
– The entry or attachment of any material that is untrue, defamatory, inaccurate, aggressive, offensive, threatening, vulgar, distasteful, unappealing, vulgar, blasphemous, sexist, racist, infringing anyone’s privacy, intended only for adults or other material that violated any international laws and regulations is prohibited. Furthermore, standardised references or advertisements shall not be allowed.
– The administrators of the service cannot warrant the accuracy, adequacy or usefulness of any information made public. Entries reflect the personal views and experiences of their authors and not necessarily the views and/or experiences of the administrators of the service or the City of Thessaloniki.
– Should any user/visitor believe that a request, complaint or proposal made public is inappropriate, they are encouraged to notify the administrators of the service immediately via the contact form. The administrators and the City of Thessaloniki reserve the right to delete inappropriate content within a reasonable period of time, should such deletion be deemed necessary. Due to the nature of the service, the justified deletion of an entry may not always be effected immediately.
– Requests may be submitted free of charge. However, the City of Thessaloniki may proceed forthwith, without any prior notice and without providing a reason, with deleting any request it deems does not satisfy the terms and conditions of the webpage and, in particular, when it is insulting, ironic, aims at degrading or offending a third party of our webpage and, generally, if it is found to lie outside the ethical framework, objectives and services of the webpage.
– Users may attach a photograph to each entry. By selecting and uploading photographs, users accept use the Creative Commons licence, which allows free distribution of the photograph on the condition that the creator is cited, for non-commercial use, and with prohibition of alteration or modification of the work. Details concerning the licence can be found here. Users retain copyright over the photograph.
- By using the website ‘thessaloniki.gr’ and its related webpages, end users and visitors unconditionally and unequivocally agree, acknowledge and accept the following rules of operation: (a) messages related to illegal software, protection neutralisation software or illegal acquisition of protected content are prohibited; (b) messages that are hateful, racially offensive, or other messages or content that may offend the personality rights, decency or reputation of the users of ‘thessaloniki.gr’ and its related webpages or any other natural or legal person are prohibited; (c) any objections to the interventions of Administrators of the website ‘thessaloniki.gr’ and its related webpages must be submitted electronically to the Administrator — at the e-mail address info[at]thessaloniki.gr — and not made public.
- Visitors/users of ‘thessaloniki.gr’ and its related webpages must comply with the applicable provisions of Greek, European and international law and the relevant legislation governing telecommunications. Furthermore, they must abstain from any unlawful and abusive use of the content and services of this website and its related webpages. Visitors/users shall be held exclusively liable for any damage caused to the above website ‘thessaloniki.gr’ and its related webpages due to misuse and improper use of the relevant services on the part of visitors/users. In the event of any action, claim, whether administrative or judicial, being brought as a result of any violation on the part of users against this website, the latter undertakes, on one hand, to intervene in the relevant court proceedings and, on the other, to indemnify the website in the event that it is ordered to pay compensation or other expenses.
- This agreement for use is governed by the provisions of Greek and International Law, as well as the Directives and Regulations of European Law.
It shall be interpreted on the basis of the rules of good faith, morality and the economic and social purpose of the right. In the event that a provision is found to be unlawful and therefore invalid or voidable, it shall automatically cease to be valid, with no prejudice whatsoever to the validity of the remaining terms. The Courts of Thessaloniki shall have jurisdiction over any disputes arising in relation hereto.
- If you have ascertained any problems regarding the content of the websites managed by the City of Thessaloniki that pertain to legal or ethical issues, please notify us at webmaster[at]thessaloniki.gr in order for us to address them.